A Breeze of Summer

IMG_20170608_115031226

Since my last post, I have made some good progress on my summer knitting plans. I’m very close to finishing the Siena tee with the Erika Knight Studio Linen, and can I say, I love this  yarn! It’s a 100% linen yarn, but 85% of it is composed of recycled linen, so it’s nice and eco friendly (always a plus) and the other 15% is regular natural linen. Somehow the combination is magical – the fabric it produces is strong, but with a gorgeous fluid drape subtle sheen, and much softer than most of the other linen yarns on the market. Plus, the stitch definition can’t be beat. The color palette is perfect for summer as well. For Siena I chose Covet, a delicate dusty rose that fits right at home in my closet.

IMG_20170608_114955297

Details:
131 yards  \ 120 meters
50g
My gauge: 20 sts & 28 rows over 4 inches of Stockinette on Size 5 US needles

IMG_20170608_115336

I’ve also been working on a Klever Knits design that I’m hoping to release by the end of June. It’s a sweet v-neck summer tank worked from the top down with some cool columns of lace stitches. The yarn I chose was Berocco’s Modern Cotton, a dk/lt worsted weigh pima cotton blend yarn (60% Pima Cotton; 40% Modal Rayon). In the fresh cream color Sandy Point, this yarn was perfect for the mood I was going for with this design.

IMG_20170608_115346

Details:
209 yards \ 191 meters
100g
My gauge: 19 sts & 28 rows over 4″ of Stockinette on size 4 US needles

Once these two projects have been completed, I’m looking forward to starting a second Klever Knits design (which still needs a name) using Quince & Co’s Kestrel in Antler, Wave and Pebble.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s