June has been a very successful month in knits, it looks like creating a plan (and sticking to it) is actually quite helpful, who knew. My goal this summer was to create a knits wardrobe that would actually get worn in my new home in South Carolina. The heat & humidity here necessitates more cotton & linen that I’ve ever used before, not to mention a need for more loose shapes. Anything too formfitting gets quite uncomfortable very quickly.
I finished the Siena tee by Erika Knight and design tee, and this will be sure to become a casual staple. I really love using this yarn, Studio linen. It’s soft, has a pretty drape and impressive stitch definition. I can’t wait to get started on the Capri pullover with Milk & Lacy (a soft grey/plum color).
I also finished two new Klever Knits Designs that I’ll be writing the patterns for and releasing in early & mid-July. The first (and current fave) is the Azores tank knit with Quince & Co Kestrel. This tank features pretty color blocking, a gentle a-line shape, and a double v-neck.
The next design, Sullivan, is knit with Berroco’s Modern Cotton DK in a fresh cream color. There is minimal shaping and a neat lace ladder accent on the front and back. A cute curved hem on the back piece keeps the design modern. For a more classic look, it’s easy enough to omit the curved hem detail.
So what’s next? It’s only going to get warmer here in July & August, so I’m hoping to continue the light garments. First up is an open-back tee in Quince & Co Willet in Windlass followed by another tank in Willet (Starboard) with accent stripes in Oar & Dory.
Two longer term projects will be Watson, a color blocked tunic in Quince & Co Sparrow in Lunar & Truffle, and a yet-to-be-named a-line tank dress in Studio Linen in teal with stripes in Milk.
1. Siena Tee – Erika Knight, Studio Linen in Covet
2. Azores Tank – Klever Knits Designs, Quince & Co Kestrel in Antler, Wave & Pebble
3. Sullivan Tank – Klever Knits Designs, Berroco Modern DK in Sandy Point
1. Open back tee – Quince & Co Willet in Windlass
2. Muscle tank – Quince & Co Willet in Starboard, Oar, and Dory
3. Watson – Quince & Co Sparrow in Lunar & Truffle
4. A-line tank dress – Studio Linen in Teal & Milk
1. Double v tank – Studio Linen in Matte Black
2. v-neck swing tank – Quince & Co Sparrow in Blue Spruce
3. Capri Pullover – Studio Linen in Milk & Lacy
4. Black & White linen raglan – Louet Euroflax Sport in Vanilla & Black